As busy whole humans - we are all starting to accept that self-care is not just a nice idea, but rather, an essential ritual to be performed in many and various ways for the well being of one's body, mind and soul.
8. At least weekly meditation, visualisation and journaling session (get the gunk out of your head and watch your world light up and lighten up. Holding onto heavy emotions and anxiety can often show up in your breath, digestion, blood pressure and heart to name a few, not only causing you to not look your best, but also not feel your best. Quiet time, breathing and release is such an important beauty tool...and it's free my friends. Get on it!)
9. At least once a week swim in the pool or ocean (twice if it's extra nice)
10. At least once a week sauna/steam room sweat (lucky to have both downstairs!)
11. Weekly nail buff and polish (go for 5-free+ to be as non-toxic as possible)
12. Daily diffusing of pure essential oils for passion, motivation, clearing energy, or ridding odours to name a few (so good for home and work, plus my diffuser has a colours of the chakras scroller that is so so good!)
13. At least once a week warm bath (with candles and relaxation music)
14. Weekend boogie (a habit from growing up watching Saturday morning rage on the telly - gotta have a dance off with bey or j-lo)
“There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling leaves and remember that it is enough to be taken care of by my self.”
I’d love to hear if any of these are your rituals too.
Do you regularly engage in self-care for your sanity?
Let me know how you got on in the comments below.
PS. Sharing is caring - who needs to hear this?
x SAM x
*This post first appeared on samanthaclark,com.au